Sunday 29 November 2009

Tierra Del Fuego South and back to Argentina

Tuesday 24th November
Cerro Sombrero to Kaiken

Almost 60 miles of more dirt road took me to another boarder crossing, on the way I was flagged down by an Argentinian, his 4x4 was parked on a banking. As it turned out he had not parked it there but crashed, the front wheel was broken and they were changing it for the spare. I was not sure how, as a lone motorcyclist, I could help it also transpired that the whole steering arm had snapped causing the accident. Two others of the group arrived and then the support van we got the vehicle onto its four wheels and then offered to send help from the nearest town some 30 miles away. It took another hour to get there on this rough dirt road. I’m not sure how they did but we left the garage with their location we then crossed the border into Argentina. After this a run on tarmac ended with a lakeside hotel with mixtures of cabins and rooms, I had a cabin shared with Mac and Gerald over looking the lake.

Miles
Today : 202
Total : 20772

No comments:

Post a Comment